Picture this: you're laid up in bed coughing, sneezing, and sniffling. Your chest burns, your head throbs - you just want quick relief. And, one potential way is through IV therapy for cold and flu.
Wait - does IV therapy work for cold & flu like illnesses, though?
This is exactly what we're going to cover today. You've no doubt heard of traditional IV vitamin therapy being used for athletic purposes, for hangover relief, and just general wellness. But, can IV therapy help a cold? The answer may surprise you! While, yes - IV therapy does work for a cold and can help you feel better - it's not without its own problems. We'll cover all this and more for you in our complete guide below. And, we'll provide a superior alternative that can help you feel better fast - from the comfort of your own home and at a fraction of the cost.
Before we let you in on this little secret, we need to talk about IV therapy for those who are just learning of the treatment method. Let's start with a quick overview:
A Quick Overview of IV Therapy
What is IV hydration therapy, you ask? IV therapy is a treatment method that administers vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream. This bypasses the digestive system, which can be beneficial when someone is ill because they may not be able to properly absorb nutrients through food.
It's also important to note that not all IV therapy treatments are created equal. There are many different types of IV therapy available, each with its own unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. The goals you have for your treatment will influence the concoction your treatment provider makes for you. However, they all center around the overarching goal of rapid hydration.
Why can't you just drink a gallon or two of water and save yourself some time and money? Sure, drinking enough water is important. But what most people don't realize is that water alone isn't capable of helping you reach - or stay - peak hydration. You'll end up urinating most of it back out, and your body is left with thirst. That's because water lacks key additives found in IV therapy: vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, etc. The unique delivery system is what makes it so powerful.
With all that said, let's move on to the main question you came here with: does IV therapy work for cold and flu-like illnesses or symptoms?
Does IV Therapy Work for Cold & Flu-Like Illnesses/Symptoms?
Maybe you've heard IV therapy providers claim they can help you beat your cold. Or, perhaps a friend or family member reported success using this treatment method. So - can IV therapy help a cold? Or, is this just another case of "too good to be true"?
As we briefly touched on above, the answer to this question is yes - IV therapy does work for cold and flu like illness, but there are a few caveats. To help you fully grasp the potential for IV therapy as a treatment for your illness, let's start with the most common cold and flu symptoms:
While you may not experience all of these yourself, these are the most common cold and flu-like symptoms.
- Nasal Congestion
- Body Aches
In taking a deeper look at all these symptoms, you can more or less see that they're caused by dehydration. You know that the flu dehydrates you through vomiting or diarrhea, but did you know that even the common cold can lead to dehydration as well? It's true. Through coughing, sneezing, and even blowing your nose, you're expelling vital moisture. Couple this with the fact that most people struggle to get ample water in while they're not feeling well, and dehydration quickly takes over your body. It contributes to some of the other symptoms mentioned above - fatigue, headaches, fever, body aches, and more.
Now, by taking a look at the IV hydration therapy benefits, you can see that many of these symptoms are solved. When you're sick, your body is working overtime to fight the illness. This can deplete your stores of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients - even if you're eating a healthy diet. IV therapy can help replenish these stores, which can help your body fight the illness more effectively. In addition, as we briefly touched on earlier, IV therapy can help rehydrate your body much more effectively than water alone.
So - Does This Mean You Should Get IV Therapy When You Have a Cold or Flu-like Symptoms?
Now that we've answered the question - does IV therapy work for colds? - it's time to determine whether this treatment method is right for you. There are a few things you should keep in mind if you're thinking about using IV therapy as a treatment for your cold or flu-like symptoms:
- It can be hard to get yourself to an appointment for IV therapy when you're sick. You feel awful - the last thing you want to do is get dressed and drive across town to make your appointment. Sure, you can get IV hydration therapy at home if there is a mobile service provider near you - but this is expensive, and IV therapy is already expensive as is. More on that later.
- There are moral questions about whether you should be around other people - especially in a medical facility - when you're sick. Especially in the pandemic era. You may feel guilty about planning a visit when you're currently showing symptoms, as you don't want to get other people sick - such as the person administering your IV drip.
- Hydration IV therapy is expensive. This is the main reason we don't recommend it - even when you're sick. There are far superior ways to beat a cold at cheaper costs. We'll unveil the ideal solution shortly.
- The relief you feel will be short lived. In our guide on how long IV hydration lasts, you can see that within 24 hours you may be right back where you were prior to your treatment. While this may be enough to get you over the hump for short-term colds, you may find yourself needing to get another treatment,
- Hydration therapy isn't available everywhere. It may not even be an option for you depending on where you live.
When it comes down to it, the decision of whether or not to seek IV therapy when you have a cold or flu-like symptoms is a personal one. There are pros and cons to consider. The reality, though, is that IV therapy is too expensive for most people to stomach. And, when you're feeling sick, getting yourself to your appointment can be tough. So, what're your other options? As promised, we're going to unveil the #1 way to get over a cold and feel better fast through IV hydration - but without the downsides. Introducing, SkyMD:
How SkyMD Can Help You Beat That Cold & Feel Better Fast
At SkyMD, we're on a mission to hydrate humans everywhere through our revolutionary hydration IV packets for water. Offering all the same benefits of traditional IV therapy but without the inconvenience and hefty price tag, this solution is a must-have in your arsenal. Just a few packets a day will help you reach and stay at peak hydration. The formula gives your water purpose, making it more efficient. With SkyMD, you can hydrate up to three times faster than with water alone!
But, what we are most excited to tell you about today is our Immune Boost Formulation.
While hydration is at the forefront of everything we do - and all our formulations hydrate you first and foremost - our Immune Boost is designed to prevent or treat illness. You'll get back on your feet fast by drinking a few of these a day when you start to feel those symptoms kick in. And, if you live a hectic life on the road, keeping these with you will help you avoid illness in airports, conferences, hotels, and other high-traffic areas.
Not only does the Immune Boost Formulation feature our innovative, patented HBT™ delivery system. But, it also has Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D, and more. On top of these vitamins, we’ve included folate, along with L-Lysine - an essential amino acid to promote overall health and wellness.
You can't afford downtime - so stock up today on this natural prevention and treatment method for colds, the flu, and other illnesses that stop you from living life to the fullest.
More Quick Tips for Cold & Flu Relief
With SkyMD, you'll find yourself back on your feet in no time. While it may be too late for you if you're already sick, you should get your order placed today so that the next time you get knocked down, you can stand back up as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, though, we want to provide you with a few quick tips for cold & flu relief:
- Drink lots of fluids - water, tea, soup, and more. Staying hydrated is key - as we've discussed at length. Again, SkyMD makes this effortless. You don't have to force yourself to drink fluids at the same rate when you give your water purpose.
- Get plenty of rest. Your body needs time to recover. We know it can be tough to stay down while you have so much to do - but your body (and mind) will thank you later.
- Eat healthy foods. Nutritious foods will help you feel better faster. Even if you can't taste them at the time.
- Gargle with warm salt water. This can help relieve a sore throat.
- Use a humidifier. This can help relieve congestion.
- Stay warm. This can help reduce the risk of chills. Even if you feel hot, bundle up.
- Take a hot shower. This allows you to sweat out all those toxins and relieve the congestion you're feeling can be a godsend. Just be sure that you rehydrate after the fact.
Can IV Therapy Help a Cold? Wrapping Things Up
So - can IV therapy help a cold or flu? Yes, it can - but the cost and inconvenience (especially while you're sick) are why most people don't end up going through with this treatment method. And frankly, we don't blame them. Fortunately, you don't have to sit around and wait to feel better.
With SkyMD, you can kick illness to the curb and get back on your feet fast. Head over to our site to learn more about our revolutionary hydration solution today - and stock up on all the essentials today!